Sunday, December 31, 2006

A year in review

Today is the last day of 2006.

New Year's Eve is a time of reflection as well as forward vision. We take the time to look at what we have accomplished in the past year and begin to plan for what we want to accomplish in the next.

It has been many months since I posted anything. I came upon a spiritual grand canyon and needed to find my way around it. I believe that there are many times in our lives where we find ourselves staring into a cavernous void of uncertainty and it is in these times that we reexamine our system of beliefs.

I once saw these times of questioning as a lack of faith or a flaw in character, but I now have come to the understanding that they are a part of the process. These times give us the opportunity to unpack our baggage and see what we are carrying. We can stop and study those pieces of thought that trouble us and decide to accept them, change them or dump them in the trash and move on.

Sometimes these are momentary pit stops, when a specific belief is challenged and analyzed; other times these questionings become a longer voyage of their own. Either way, when we continue with the next steps in our journey we do so with a renewed sense of purpose and clarity of thought.

This is where I now find myself. Moving forward once again.

No comments: