Sunday, June 25, 2006

I figured it out

I've been desperately trying to figure out how to get past the writers block that I have been suffering from.

I think I've finally figured out that it isn't truly writers block that has got me stumped. It's that internal editor/critic that is actually keeping me from completing my writing projects.

I start to write something and my internal critic, let's call him Fred, chimes in with a nice round of "this is going to go nowhere," followed by, "you don't even know how it is going to end so how can you write the middle."

I'm here to tell Fred that I don't have to know the end of the story or even what happens in the middle. I'm not writing these pieces for him, I'm writing them for me. Most importantly, Fred, these pieces do not have to be perfect in your eyes (or in mine), they just need to be written.

So here it is. This is what this Blog is about. Clearing my mind of Fred (or at least getting him to back off quicker). My commitment is to write something everyday, even if it is only a couple of sentences.

This is for me and no one else, but everyone else is welcome to read as I go through my process.

No comments: