Friday, July 07, 2006

Celebrate yourself

For many of us one of the most difficult things in life is celebrating ourselves. However, celebrating yourself is one of the best ways to improve your self esteem.

The celebration doesn't have to involve anyone else, though sometimes it may, and it doesn't have to be anything more than an internal grin. What matters is that we take the time, even if it is only a moment, to acknowledge and celebrate something specific about ourselves everyday.

Each day pick one thing, anything, to honor about yourself. I like my eyes. Today I walked around the block at lunch. I landed a big account today. I smile at everyone I pass on the street. I got up and went to work. Any of these things, and many more, are worth celebrating. In fact, anything you can think of about yourself is worth celebrating.

We all need to remember that we are unique beings with something remarkable to contribute to the world and that no one outside of ourselves has to tell us so. We are capable of recognizing our own exceptional qualities on our own.

The more you celebrate yourself the more confident you will feel in all areas of your life.

No comments: